Type of Method
• Coaching - Transformation - Philosophy
The Samurai Game® is an intense and challenging simulation that has traditionally been applied as a personal development and organizational leadership experience.
In the game, one finds oneself face-to-face with their own emotions, their own automatic responses amid uncertainty, and their ability (or limitations) in collaborating with others toward a goal.
This intense experience brings the following Deep Adaptation principles to life:
- A new relationship to intense emotions, and an ability to take decisive action in the face of such intensity
- A transformed relationship to death & dying, allowing one to cherish the vividness of life
- An ability to step into commitments that inspire you and the people around you
- An experience of uncertainty and dilemmas, and how you can stand with honor in serving your highest values
- Joining people in having fun, even when circumstances are challenging
It is required by the game’s creator George Leonard that a facilitator of this experience be rigorously trained and tested before they are certified and authorized to lead it.
The Samurai Game website has a list of certified facilitators from around the world, and also lists games which are already occurring and are available for public participation. To bring the game into your organization, contact a facilitator near you via the website or simply search on this site for Deep Adaptation practitioners who are certified to run the game.